2018/08/16





In this short comic "Zeitreise" (time travel) which was published in the Austrian magazin "Literatur und Kritik" last month I tried to make a comparison between old NAZI propaganda slogans and the propaganda of Austria`s right wing populist party - every Austrian knows the slogans of the FPÖ for many, many years - because they have been printed on gigantic advertising posters. I was always wondering how it could be allowed to use such a xenophobic langue in public spaces in Austria - and asked myself why nobody really reacted  - I guess we got used to it ...
For this small project I took some of the "harder" stuff of Austrian right wing poster texts and seached for counterparts of the 1930ies and 1940ies - and I put the new stuff into the old aesthetics in order to be able to compare the slogans without the distraction of modern day design ....